Having Trouble Sleeping? Try These 5 Yoga Poses For Better Sleep
Whether you are a troubled sleeper, night owl with timely bird aspirations or in need of small help relaxing when you hit bedtime, certain gentle yoga poses before you go to bed will help.
Keeping this in bed routine can put your mind and body to rest and helps you sleep soundly. Try these five best yoga poses for a better night’s sleep tonight naturally.
1. Downward Facing Dog
This is yoga pose is known as Adho Mukha Svanasana in Sanskrit. This yoga pose is very good for overcoming insomnia. Along with this benefit it is also useful in overcoming anxiety, depression, building self confidence, etc.
Let us see how to do this yoga pose for sleep.
- First be in all four position on the yoga mat.
- Adjust your hands such that they slightly outside the shoulder level.
- Make sure that your feet (toes) and knee are settled on the mat.
- Inhale once, and while exhaling press the thighs back, and move your hips upwards.
- You will in a inverted ‘ v’ position. Hold this pose for 1-2 minutes and get back towards heels.
- Repeat for two times.